- the purposes you specifically provided the information;
- to register you as a client and establish an account for you;
- to provide you with the Services you signed up for;
- to send you email notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, to request participation in surveys and/or other forms of market research to improve our products and services, or to otherwise contact you;
- to send emails to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance;
- to enhance existing features or develop new features, products, and services;
- to provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions;
- to ensure internal quality control;
- to enforce our Terms;
- to perform accounting, auditing and other internal functions; and/or
- to carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Retention Of PII Carbon Chain retains the PII we receive as described in this Policy for as long as you use our Services or as necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected, resolve disputes, establish legal defences, conduct audits, pursue legitimate business purposes, enforce our agreements, and comply with applicable laws. Our Legal Bases for Handling of Your PII The laws in some jurisdictions require companies to tell you about the legal ground they rely on to use or disclose your PII. To the extent those laws apply, our legal grounds are as set forth below.
- To honor our contractual commitments to you:much of our processing of PII is to meet our contractual obligations to our users. For example, we handle PII on this basis to create your account and provide our Services.
- Legitimate interests:in many cases, we handle PII on the ground that it furthers our legitimate interests in ways that are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the affected individuals: this includes:
- providing a safe and enjoyable user experience;
- customer service;
- marketing, e.g. sending emails or other communications to let you know about new features;
- protecting our users, personnel, and property;
- analyzing and improving our business, e.g. collecting information about how you use our Services to optimize the design and placement of certain features; and
- Managing legal issues.
- Legal compliance:We need to use and disclose PII in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- Consent:Where required by law, and in some other cases, we handle PII on the basis of your express or implied consent.
- To protect the vital interests of the individual or others.